Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Starting Point: Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area

I consider the trails of the Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area in Greenville County, SC to be like the agility courses in boot camp. It's a wake up call that my soul sometimes needs.

I work a forty hour week (of course!), am newly married, and in the first year of being a home owner. As of course all of us can feel every now and again, I just need to feel like there is something I can conquer. No matter the loss of balance, the stumbles, loss of breathe, I leave the trail feeling like I've done something important. If I can make it back to the car, I feel pretty groovy!

"Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." -- Ed Viesturs (No Shortcuts to the Top: Climbing the World's 14 Highest Peaks)


Two of the best hikes I've ever been a part of have been in the Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area, and I hope to share a little of those experiences in further detail in the future, mishaps and embarrassments included! I take a ton of photographs while I'm hiking, so I can better document these adventures.

This next weekend will most likely be taking me back to the Bridge Wilderness, for Falls Creek Falls. The plan is to take Trail #31, then see if my husband feels up to #4 to also see Rainbow Falls, as we'll be in the area! It's also possible that my pack should arrive this week... and in that case, I will be posting a photo of it! Beyond that, I need to get back to work on reading a library book due back next week!

Thanks for stopping by, and if any one has any trail recommendations for the Upstate area of SC, please feel free to share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment